Bath Enclosure Cleaning Guide
We at Southeastern Aluminum Products want our customers to experience years of enjoyment using our quality bath enclosures. In order to answer the inevitable questions concerning the care and cleaning of our enclosures, we have developed this Bath Enclosure Cleaning Guide.
Many people have found that treating the glass on the inside of your enclosure with water repellant treatments, such as Rain-X or Invisible Shield, prior to the initial use will seal the pores of the glass and promote ease of cleaning. This can be repeated as necessary throughout the life of your enclosure.
The safest way to insure that your bath enclosure stays looking new and spotless is through adopting a daily regimen of rinsing the enclosure with clean water and then wiping the metal and glass after use with a non-abrasive cloth or squeegee. By doing this, you will remove residue from the enclosure, and water spots will be kept to a minimum.
Often, the tap water we use is so “hard” that mineral deposits remain on the glass and metal after the water dries. If you find there is still debris on your enclosure after drying, use a mild, non-abrasive cleanser to complete the job. Note: Brass towel bars, C-pulls and other brass hardware should only be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth. Do not use any detergent or cleanser.
Tests have shown that:
- Some of the cleaners completely destroy the metal finish within 5 minutes of application!
- Cleaners that contain Vinegar, Ammonia, Bleach and/or Acid-Based chemicals should never be used and can severely damage your enclosures metal finish.
- Abrasive cleaners and scouring pads should be avoided as they, too, will damage the metal and glass components.
- Many leave-on, misting cleaners can damage polymer parts on your enclosure and should also be avoided.
- With the right cleaner and a minimal amount of daily maintenance, your enclosure will stay looking new for years to come!
Southeastern Aluminum Products, Inc. warrants all of its products for a period of one year from date of purchase against defects in material or workmanship. This warranty is limited to repair or replacement of defective units at the option of Southeastern Aluminum Products, Inc. This warranty is void if the unit shows any signs of physical abuse or neglect or there is evidence of improper installation. Southeastern Aluminum Products, Inc. is not responsible for any damage or injury to person or property except for replacement or repair of defective units.